Virtual Program Code of Conduct
EMDRIA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all Conference participants and EMDRIA staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, EMDRIA staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Program Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all EMDRIA Conference-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than EMDRIA but held in conjunction with EMDRIA events, on public or private platforms.
EMDRIA has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, EMDRIA asks that you inform either Mel Forehand, EMDRIA Meetings Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or Gayla Turner, Deputy Executive Director at email@example.com so that we can take the appropriate action.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, EMDRIA staff member, service provider, or other Conference guest.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, EMDRIA staff member, service provider, or other Conference guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions or at other events organized by EMDRIA throughout the virtual meeting.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. EMDRIA reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants are prohibited from copying or taking screen shots of presentations, Q&A, or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
EMDRIA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and EMDRIA reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.