Code of Conduct
EMDRIA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all conference participants and EMDRIA staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, exhibitors, volunteers, EMDRIA staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Conference Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all EMDRIA Conference-related events, including any events that may be sponsored by organizations other than EMDRIA but held in conjunction with EMDRIA events on public or private platforms.
EMDRIA has zero tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, EMDRIA asks that you inform Gayla Turner, Chief Operating Officer, at email@example.com so that we can take the appropriate action.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, EMDRIA staff member, service provider, or other conference guest.
- Examples of verbal abuse include but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, EMDRIA staff member, service provider, or other conference guests.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions or other events organized by EMDRIA throughout the conference.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or service solicitations. EMDRIA reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants are prohibited from copying or taking screenshots of presentations, Q&A, or any session activity that takes place during any given presentation.
EMDRIA reserves the right to take any necessary and appropriate action, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any unacceptable behavior incident. EMDRIA reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.