Scholarship deadline was September 15, 2021. All applicants will be notified no later than September 25, 2021.
Elizabeth Snyker Memorial Scholarship
The Memorial Scholarship Fund was established to expand professional development opportunities for EMDR trained therapists who would otherwise not be able to attend the EMDRIA Annual Conference. The fund was inspired as a memorial to Elizabeth Snyker, one of our dedicated founding members.
Applicants awarded a scholarship will receive complimentary Conference registration.
Eligibility: You may not have received an EMDRIA Conference Scholarship during the previous 3 years.
The Scholarship will be awarded based on:
- Demonstrated Service
- Potential benefit to the community where applicants provide services
- Availability of funds in the Memorial Scholarship Fund
Potential recipients may apply personally or may be nominated by others through completing the online application form.
Additionally, the online application form requires a brief essay as well as a statement(s) of recommendation from at least one EMDRIA member (uploaded at end of application).
APPLICATION DEADLINE WAS SEPTEMBER 15, 2021.
ALL APPLICIANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 25, 2021.
Diversity is Strength Scholarship
The Diversity is Strength Scholarship was established to support expanding diversity and inclusion within the EMDRIA community, facilitate contributions to the development of EMDR therapy by clinicians of color, increase opportunities for professional leadership among underrepresented peoples, and to support participation at the EMDRIA Conference by clinicians of color.
Applicants awarded the scholarship will receive complimentary Conference registration to the EMDRIA Virtual Conference 2021. While we would like to award all applicants a scholarship, the number of scholarships awarded will be dependent on the availability of funds in the scholarship fund.
- EMDR trained clinicians self-identifying as people of color
- Applicants may not have received the Diversity is Strength Scholarship previously
Applicants may apply by completing the online application form.
A brief person statement is required at the end of the online application which should cover:
- Self-Identification as a person of color
- A sense of how EMDR therapy fits into your practice
- The role that EMDR therapy plays into your professional identity
- The importance of your professional community to your practice and identity as a clinician
- The value to you attending the virtual EMDRIA Conference